Still no color. Same size but a lot more memory (1,500 books instead of 200). But "overall handfeel is a lot nicer," and the display is much better. Faster page-turning, and a new text-to-speech feature -- so any book can be an audio book.
The price is the same ($359). Pre-order it now and it will ship February 24.
- Display: 6" diagonal E-Ink® electronic paper display, 600 x 800 pixel resolution at 167 ppi, 16-level gray scale.
- Size (in inches): 8" x 5.3" x 0.36".
- Weight: 10.2 ounces.
- System requirements: None, because it doesn't require a computer.
- Storage: 2GB internal (approximately 1.4GB available for user content).
- Battery Life: Read on a single charge for up to 4 days with wireless on. Turn wireless off and read for up to two weeks. Battery life will vary based on wireless usage, such as shopping the Kindle Store and downloading content. In low coverage areas or in 1xRTT only coverage, wireless usage will consume battery power more quickly.
- Charge Time: Fully charges in approximately 4 hours and supports charging from your computer via the included USB 2.0 cable.
- Connectivity: EVDO modem with fallback to 1xRTT; utilizes Amazon Whispernet to provide U.S wireless coverage via Sprint's 3G high-speed data network (check wireless coverage). See Wireless Terms and Conditions.
- USB Port: USB 2.0 (micro-B connector) for connection to the Kindle power adapter or optionally to connect to a PC or Macintosh computer.
- Audio: 3.5mm stereo audio jack, rear-mounted stereo speakers.
- Content Formats Supported: Kindle (AZW), TXT, Audible (formats 4, Audible Enhanced (AAX)), MP3, unprotected MOBI, PRC natively; PDF, HTML, DOC, JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP through conversion.
- Included Accessories: Power adapter, USB 2.0 cable, rechargeable battery. Book cover sold separately.